2019 Convention Credentials
The AYD Constitution requires that chapters charters be submitted to the Credentials chair no less than 14 days prior to the start of Convention. The earlier you submit your charter, the more time the Chair has available to review your charter and allow you to correct deficiencies. At convention, each chapter charter will come up for review before the Credentials Committee. The Credentials Committee will give each chapter a recommendation: approve, provisionally approve, or deny. The Convention body will then have the opportunity to adopt, amend, or reject the Credentials report.
The 2019 Credentials Committee Chair is Ollie Davison. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need to Charter
- Contact Information – You will need to provide your name, email, phone number, chapter name, chapter type (area, college, or high school), chartered territory (what area your chapter covers), and links to your chapter’s social sites if applicable.
- Chapter Constitution – You will need to upload your chapter’s most up to date constitution.
- Executive Board – You will need to upload a spreadsheet with your chapter’s officers. Each office should include the officer’s name and when their term expires. Here’s a spreadsheet template to get you started.
- Chapter Roster – The chapter roster must contain each member’s full name, mailing address, email address, phone number, birthdate, gender, and race. Here is a chapter roster template to help you get started.
- Chapter Dues – Dues will be collected at convention. There is a prorated schedule based on when your chapter last chartered:
- 2017 Convention or Prior: Area Chapters – $50, College Chapters – $25, High School Chapters – $10
- 2017 Q3: 87.5% of 2017 Convention Dues
- 2017 Q4: 75% of 2017 Convention Dues
- 2018 Q1: 62.5% of 2017 Convention Dues
- 2018 Q2: 50% of 2017 Convention Dues
- 2018 Q3: 37.5% of 2017 Convention Dues
- 2018 Q4: 25% of 2017 Convention Dues
- 2019 Q1: 12.5% of 2017 Convention Dues