2021 Convention Credentials
The AYD Constitution requires that chapters charters be submitted to the Credentials chair no less than 14 days prior to the start of Convention. The earlier you submit your charter, the more time the Chair has available to review your charter and allow you to correct deficiencies. At convention, each chapter charter will come up for review before the Credentials Committee. The Credentials Committee will give each chapter a recommendation: approve, provisionally approve, or deny. The Convention body will then have the opportunity to adopt, amend, or reject the Credentials report.
What You Need to Charter
- Contact Information – You will need to provide your name, email, phone number, chapter name, chapter type (area, college, or high school), chartered territory (what area your chapter covers), and links to your chapter’s social sites if applicable.
- Chapter Constitution – You will need to upload your chapter’s most up to date constitution.
- Executive Board – You will need to upload a spreadsheet with your chapter’s officers. Each office should include the officer’s name and when their term expires. Here’s a spreadsheet template to get you started.
- Chapter Roster – The chapter roster must contain each member’s full name, mailing address, email address, phone number, birthdate, gender, and race. Here is a chapter roster template to help you get started.
- Chapter Dues – Dues will be collected at convention. There is a prorated schedule based on when your chapter last chartered:
- 2019 Convention or Prior: Area Chapters – $50, College Chapters – $25, High School Chapters – $10
- 2019 Q3: 87.5% of 2019 Convention Dues
- 2019 Q4: 75% of 2019 Convention Dues
- 2020 Q1: 62.5% of 2019 Convention Dues
- 2020 Q2: 50% of 2019 Convention Dues
- 2020 Q3: 37.5% of 2019 Convention Dues
- 2020 Q4: 25% of 2019 Convention Dues
- 2021 Q1: 12.5% of 2019 Convention Dues